Early Years Services Access Project – Aboriginal Families
Local feedback from Aboriginal people and agencies suggests that early years services and programs can improve the way they engage with and support the needs of Aboriginal children and families. C4C have partnered with the Bendigo and Districts Aboriginal Co-operative (BDAC) to try to address these issues.
Aim of Project
- To increase the participation rates of Aboriginal children and families in support services, including universal services for children.
- To build linkages between early years services and Aboriginal children & families.
- To build the cultural competence of early years services and, in doing so create cultural safety for Aboriginal children and families
- Work with mainstream providers to review current approaches (by early year’s services and programs) to (1) engaging Aboriginal children and families and (2) providing culturally safe services and programs.
- Support the development of outreach models and approaches utilised by early years services and programs so that they provide better access for Aboriginal children and families.
- Develop and promote activities that engage Aboriginal children and families and provide the opportunity for Aboriginal children and families to meet the providers of early years services and programs.
For more information contact:
Bendigo & District Aboriginal Co-operative
Aboriginal Early Years Access Worker
03 54 424947