Early Years Family Violence Project
The impact of family violence on children is significant. In light of the high prevalence of family violence in Greater Bendigo, C4C Bendigo believes it is critical that the early years sector play a role in helping address family violence. As such, C4C has partnered with the Centre for Non-Violence to develop an Early Years Family Violence Action Plan.
Aims of Project
- To support the implementation of the Early Years Family Violence Action Plan developed by the Centre for Non-Violence in partnership with C4C.
- Identify how early years services and programs can help address family violence through awareness raising, staff training and family support.
- Creation of greater linkages and collaboration between the early years sector and family violence support agencies.
The role of the C4C Early Years Family Violence Project Worker will be to support the implementation of the Early Years Family Violence Action Plan by:
- Working with early years services and programs to build awareness of the impact of family violence on children’s development
- Fostering common understandings and linkages between the Family Violence sector and Early Years sector, particularly in relation to concept such as ‘prevention’, ‘intervening earlier’ and ‘responding’
- Creating awareness amongst workers in the early years sector of available family violence support services and responses
- Developing training content and targeted resources that can be distributed to families and workers within the early years sector
- Engaging key project stakeholders in the implementation of the Early Years Family Violence Action Plan
For more information contact:
C4C Early Years Family Violence Project Worker
p: 5430 3000 (Centre for Non-Violence Reception)