If you are a parent visiting this site and would like information and/or support on the key areas supported through C4C Bendigo, the following websites, contacts and resources may be useful.
Addressing Family Violence
If you are experiencing family violence and are in a danger, please call 000.
Women in Family Violence:
- Centre for Non-Violence (toll-free from 9-5) – 1800 884 038
- The Safe Steps (24 hour) – 1800 015 188
- Immigrant Women’s Domestic Violence Service – 1800 755 988
- Aboriginal Women – Elizabeth Hoffman House (24 hour) – 1800 015 188
- Women with Disabilities (WDV) – (03) 9664 9317
- 24 hour Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 1800 806 292
To Protect Children from Abuse:
- Child Protection (9-5) – 1800 675 598
- Child Protection Crisis Line (24 hour) – 131278
For Children who need Someone to talk to:
- Kids Help Line – 1800 551 800
For Men who Use Violence against their Family:
- In the Loddon-Campaspe Region – 1800 884 292
- Men’s Referral Service – 1800 065 973
For Legal Support:
- Victoria Legal Aid, Bendigo – (03) 5441 1155
- Aboriginal FV Prevention and Legal Service – 1800 105 303
- Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre Free call – 1800 639 121
Support for Aboriginal families (and/or for parents wanting information about local Aboriginal culture and resources)
Local Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs)
Other Useful Resource Sites
NAIDOC Week, Reconciliation Week, Sorry Day
The Stolen Generation
Support for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) families and/or for parents wanting information about local CALD culture and resources
Children’s Language and Literacy
The Bendigo Reads website is a Communities for Children initiative. It lists all local early literacy programs (for children aged 0-5) and includes links to many great resources for families. It is very user friendly for parents, community and support workers.
Catholicare Sandhurst offers a range of parenting programs and counseling for parents. They are very welcoming to people from all backgrounds.
Education and Employment Pathways